Embarrassed of Me…

13 Jun

I had an elementary school moment last night. I didn’t have the coolest clothes, the best hair, the thinnest body, or the cultured language…and I was embarrassed of me.

So Embarrassed

I felt so stupid when I got home last night because I know who I am, I know I’m a child of God, and I feel like I’m a confident leader, but somehow I still get caught up in stupid mind games. URG! Will it ever stop?

Will I feel this way when there’s a better mommy or a more accomplished marketing professional standing in front of me? At what point will I not be plagued with embarrasment because I’m not dressed quite right for an event?

Are there any stories in the bible where someone was wearing the wrong outfit…I guess so…David danced himself to the point of nakedness and had no embarrassment. HA! NAKED! If David can dance naked, I can wear a sequin shirt with leggings and flip flops (yes…that is actually what I wore) to a CEO’s home.

What can you do?!?!?!

About these ads

8 Responses to “Embarrassed of Me…”

1. thatgirlkate June 13, 2008 at 9:50 am #

Judi, you are an intelligent, charming, beautiful woman and no matter what you put on you can never cover those qualities. And I think your CEO can see that too…

2. JudiFree.com June 13, 2008 at 9:54 am #

HA! Thanks Kate! The sequin was pretty blinding – I actually can’t stop laughing now that I wrote down what I wore. It sounds so funny written down!

3. Selena June 13, 2008 at 11:29 am #

What’s the matter with flipflops? You sound adorable, I wouldn’t worry about it!

4. JudiFree.com June 13, 2008 at 12:10 pm #

@Selena – nothing at all. I love flip flops…just not when I’m 5’2″ standing in a room with women in stilettos and business suits. HA! God has totally given me grace and joy from last night’s situation -I’m free like David.

5. Kathie June 13, 2008 at 1:32 pm #

I bet you were the only one with style : ) and i bet that a lot of the employees left jealous that they couldn’t pull off sequins.. : ) I would.

6. siriushomes June 13, 2008 at 10:23 pm #

You’re too cute and you have me cracking up! I bet you were very comfortable at your CEO’s house. Advice–don’t worry about impressing or pleasing people.Please GOD and he will set your pat straight. You blog is awesome–I’ll come back and visit.

7. siriushomes June 13, 2008 at 10:25 pm #

Okay–I have typos in my comments to you. I left off the “h” in path and left off the “r” in your.

I’m laughing at myself now.

8. bradruggles June 15, 2008 at 5:19 am #

Hey, who ever said there was anything wrong with sequin tops and flip flops! Be yourself!

I’ve been there though. Why do us human beings struggle so much with craving the approval of others?