Pickle Juice Sno-Cones

10 Jun

I’ve been writing about alot of deep things that “plague” me, so I wanted to lighten things up around here with a simple question:

What GROSS/CRAZY/WEIRD food did you eat as a child,
but you thought it was totally normal at the time??!?!?!

My friends and I have been discussing this for some time. It’s so hilarious to hear what some people ate as children – our parents were so cruel!

When I was a child…we ate pickle juice sno-cones – and I still think they are delicious!

Pickle Juice Sno-Cone

About these ads

20 Responses to “Pickle Juice Sno-Cones”

1. pb&shelley June 10, 2008 at 4:00 pm #

my dearest judi, i’m so determined to sample your pickle juice sno cone!!! we must find a way to make them this summer!

• april February 25, 2011 at 2:43 pm #

pickle juice snow cones are made out of regular pickle juice not a syrup…if u add a little bit of salt or beer salt makes it better….ate them when i was little…snow cone stand sold them…frozen pickles are great too

2. teresap June 10, 2008 at 5:39 pm #

i can’t remember anything i ate. i was really finicky. i thought chicken fried steak was a little too out of the box. but i will tell on paul. he grew up eating these egg sandwiches on toasted bread. on one side of the sandwich was mayo and mustard, the other side… butter and jelly. in the middle was a scrambled egg. i tried a bite once and i will NEVER eat it again.

3. Justin Mayfield June 10, 2008 at 10:09 pm #

Pickle juice sno-cone? Whoa! That’s crazy! Lol.

I can’t think of anything… oh… well… we didn’t think it was normal but my aunt was pretty young and we used to go buy cookie dough (before it was cool) and it eat raw and we ate baby food (just the fruit. How cool is banana sauce?). They made great movie snacks!

4. wkvancil June 11, 2008 at 8:25 am #

pickles and goldfish crackers… I would take a bite of pickle and then throw in a few goldfish crackers and mix them all together…. crazy enough I still like it!

5. JudiFree.com June 11, 2008 at 8:58 am #

WHITNEY!!!! NOOOOOOO

6. lynse leanne June 11, 2008 at 11:41 am #

pickle sandwiches
    ketchup sandwiches

7. JudiFree.com June 11, 2008 at 2:43 pm #

@lynse leanne…..um…

PUKE

8. thatgirlkate June 11, 2008 at 3:00 pm #

why is it that all the things we ate as kids are so dang disgusting? That is except for Peanut-butter and cheese sandwiches. Those are forever delicious.

9. Brian Alexander June 11, 2008 at 6:13 pm #

You ate WHAT??? Pickle juice sno-cones???

I think I just threw-up in my mouth. :)

BA

BTW, in responded to your comment on 5th Street.

10. brent(inWorship) June 11, 2008 at 7:48 pm #

Absolutely disgusting!

What gross food did I eat as a child?

Anything vegetable!

11. wkvancil June 12, 2008 at 9:01 am #

yuck kate! Travis likes those!!! he wants me to try them and I just can’t do it!

12. Sue B June 12, 2008 at 2:15 pm #

PB&J sandwiches…with bologna

13. Jenni Catron June 12, 2008 at 8:06 pm #

Pickle juice snow cones??? That’s crazy… but I love pickles and used to love drinking the juice when I was a kid, so probably pretty similar, huh?

It’s a wonder our arteries have not dried up!!

14. Patricia M June 13, 2010 at 1:57 pm #

well I sit here…and I can vouch’ for you THEY ARE THE BOMB! ..im from South Texas and down there they do “Picadilly” Snow Cones. WHich is basically the Shaved Ice,in a cup topped w/ diced pickle, they you sprinkle “Koolaid Powder on top”..and they do cherry or Grape and then they pour the snowcone flavor which is the same..Cherry or Grape! I learned to make them at home and IM soo addicted!

• Ash June 9, 2011 at 5:33 pm #

Do u just put a little bit of kool aid or the whole packet??I LOVE PICCADILLY’S!!!

15. pesquisa.sapo.pt March 15, 2013 at 7:59 pm #

I truly love your blog.. Very nice colors & theme. Did you build this amazing site yourself?

Please reply back as I’m hoping to create my own personal website and would love to learn where you got this from or exactly what the theme is named. Thanks!

16. Claud July 9, 2013 at 2:28 pm #

I ate Piccadilly snow cones. Red koolaid pickles cut up in small slices chilly powder. Just the best!! Mr. G snow cones. Tx

17. telecharger snapchat April 21, 2014 at 3:05 am #

Hello i am kavin, its my first occasion to commenting anywhere,
    when i read this paragraph i thought i could also make comment
    due to this sensible paragraph.

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Pickle Juice Sno-Cones & Gymnastics « judi free! - August 12, 2008

[...] 12, 2008 If you are looking for me tonight, I’ll be eating pickle juice sno-cones  courtesy of my recent Amazon purchase and enjoying some women’s gymnastics. GO USA!!!! My [...]